The Nanny Solution, inc. is a Nanny/Provider placement agency
that places Full Time Live-In or Live-out Nanny/Providers, Vacation
Nanny/Providers and Summer/Temporary assignment Nanny/Providers. We
function like an employment agency. All Nanny/Providers are self-employed,
negotiate with the employer for salary/ benefits and are paid directly
To begin our process you need to choose the type of
provider for your needs and a fee
schedule will appear for that choice. Complete your
application and print this page to refer to the complete
1. After you have completed your application we will attempt to match
your criteria with Nanny/Providers in our database. We will then email,
fax or mail their applications to you the client. We will speak with
the Nanny/Providers on the phone about your position and speak with
you about the Nanny/Providers. If you are both interested in each
other we will have the Nanny/Provider contact you or you contact the
Nanny/Provider by phone to set up interviews within your home.
2. Call The Nanny Solution, inc. and let us know whom you
are interviewing and how the interview went. We need to keep track
of which Nanny/Providers you are interested and not interested in.
There is no typical scenario for an interview. You may offer a job
after your first interview, you may call back the Nanny/Provider for
a second time or trial day or you might make a decision at a later
time. We encourage you and the Nanny/Providers to interview as many
times as you like. We want you to be happy with your placement.
3. It is important on your first interview to discuss
exactly what your needs are and the exact job description.
Sometimes you might have a change about certain things such as
hours or duties since you have filled out the application with us
and have failed to let us know. It is important for you to
communicate these changes with the agency so we may serve you better.
Sit down with the Nanny/Provider and discuss their attitudes and performance style or styles. Find out specifically what their values are and what kinds of goals they might set for your children/position. If child care, find out how they might discipline your children and what types of behavior modification they use. (Do they give the children a time out, etc.?)
4. Once you have decided on a Nanny/Provider for your
family, please call our office to let us know. You will then send
1/2 the placement fee to hold the Nanny/Provider you made an
offer to. We will then send in the driver and criminal record
check. If you hire a Family Day Care we will also run a criminal
check on their spouse. We will send this to you with the
completed application references, a statement, and fill in the
blank information package. It includes medical release forms and
other forms the Nanny/Provider needs. We would like to suggest
that you go through this package with your Provider. In case you
cannot be reached tell your Provider how you would like them to
handle a situation step by step.
5. Seven days before your Nanny/Provider starts the other half of the placement fee is due along with a contract signed by you
and the Nanny/Provider.
It is imperative there be a written contract between the
Nannies/Providers and the employer. We provide you with a sample
of this contract. This contract should include:
- Complete job description
- Salary Hours the Provider will work during the day
- Holiday's and which days she/he will have off each week
- Paid sick days
- Compensation for any overtime or extra duties
- Telephone allowance (for Live-In positions) or cell phone
- Vacation time-after how long and how much
- Health benefits
- Length of notice to be given upon termination
- Date of salary review
If you have any questions regarding tax withholding please call the
IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or go to our payroll links on the side navigation
of each page. If you need any help in locating a health insurance
plan please call our office for information. It is important that
the employer communicate any expectations or requirements to the Nanny
or other Provider. We would like to suggest that the Nanny or Provider
and the employer have a weekly discussion and planning session to
talk about anything on your minds. Most importantly, the Nannies/Providers
and families should not allow feelings of discontent to grow or misunderstandings
to develop because of lack of communication. Talk things out! No one
can read your mind!! Call us to mediate. (DON'T LET THINGS GO)
The employer may wish to have the Nanny or Provider organize a
weekly schedule that might include:
*Additional housework can be contracted for at a rate of $12.00
and up per hour and clients should be specific in contracts as to
what cleaning includes.
- Personal care-toileting, dressing, etc.
- Family's meals (provide cookbook if desired)
- Shopping lists, Cooking
- Children's/Elder appointments and activities
- Days laundry will be done
- Other special needs associated with specific job
- Grounds what/when things need to be done
ISSUES INVOLVING LIFESTYLE SHOULD BE DISCUSSED:
- What type of privacy does the employer expect from the Nanny
- Can the Nanny or Provider's friends come to the
- In which rooms are they welcome?
- Setting limits for the children and use of discipline?
- Use of TV and other household items?
- Consideration of the Nanny or Provider's time off while she
remains in the home is important
- Nannies & Providers must remember to maintain their professionalism
while in the home despite their closeness and involvement with the
Don't leave any stones unturned it's clear guidelines, lists, schedules etc that
make for good communication, and successful placements.
- What type of lifestyle is the client accustomed to?
- What type of cuisine?
- What benefits are offered (if any)?
- What duties will be expected?
- Vacations, sick days and Holiday’s paid, unpaid,
Please contact the agency if you have any questions. We will try
to offer some guidance. Remember, if you are unhappy with your placement,
you must notify the agency within your guarantee period, to avoid
paying another placement fee for replacement of your Nanny/Provider.